[StBernard] Boudreaux

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 7 20:53:42 EDT 2010

After his wife disappeared in a boating accident, Boudreaux answered the door to find two grim-faced Louisiana State Troopers.

"We're sorry Mr. Boudreaux, but we have some information about your wife," said one trooper.

"Tell me! Did you find her?" Boudreaux shouted.

The troopers looked at each other. "Well, we have some bad news, some good news, and some really great news. Which do you want to hear first?”

Fearing the worst, an ashen Boudreaux said, "Give me the bad news first."

The trooper said, "I'm sorry to tell you, sir, but this morning we found your wife's body floating in Vermillion Bay ."

"Oh my God!" exclaimed Boudreaux. Swallowing hard, he asked, "…and what's the good news?"

The trooper continued, "When we pulled her up, she had 24 beautiful Blue Crabs clinging to her body, and we feel you are entitled to a share in the catch."

Stunned, Mr. Boudreaux demanded, "If that's the good news, then what's the great news?"

The trooper said, "We're planning to pull her up again on Friday."