[StBernard] 2011 W-2 Tax Forms

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Aug 9 20:36:34 EDT 2010

Maybe not so much:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/government/a/Hr-3590-Income-Tax-On-Health-I
nsurance.htm

http://bobneve1.newsvine.com/_news/2010/06/17/4524732-dont-be-fooled-by-chai
n-e-mails

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/05/health-care-law-and-w-2-forms/

Title IX Revenue Provisions-Subtitle A: Revenue Offset
"(Sec. 9002) Requires employers to include in the W-2 form of each
employee
The aggregate cost of applicable employer-sponsored group health
coverage.

Starting in 2011 (next year) the W-2 tax form sent by your employer
will be
Increased to show the value of whatever health insurance you are
provided.

It doesn't matter if you're retired. Your gross income WILL go up by
the
amount
Of insurance your employer paid for. So you'll be required to pay
taxes on a
larger
Sum of money that you actually received. Take the tax form you just
finished
for
2009 and see what $15,000.00 or $20,000.00 additional gross income
does to
Your tax debt. That's what you'll pay next year. For many it puts
you into a

Much higher bracket. This is how the government is going to buy
insurance
for
Fifteen (15) percent that don't have insurance and it's only part of
the tax
increases,
But it's not really a "tax increase" as such, it a redefinition of
your
taxable income.

Why am I sending you this? The same reason I hope you forward this
to every
Single person in your address book because an election is coming in
November. So vote intelligently, based on your values.

Also, adjust your tax withholding, or increase your savings, so that
you
aren't Surprised when your federal income taxes are due on April 15,
2012.

Sincerely,

Christian Fasullo

Christian Paul Fasullo, J.D., LL.M., APLC.
Tax & Corporate Law Attorney