[StBernard] 2011 W-2 Tax Forms

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 10 08:02:43 EDT 2010

I don't want to disagree with Mr. Fasulo because of his credentials.
However, my understanding is that we will not have to pay the tax on the
increased health insurance. When the rules state that the amount is
included in the W2 form, my understanding is just that. There will be a box
on the W2 form that includes that amount. The law did not state that the
amount will be included in the gross income. That is very different. I
have seen charitable contributions included on the form W2. It did not mean
that it was included in the gross income to be taxed. Does that make sense?
I am certain that this will be more fully explained as the year progresses
and all those in the financial industry (CPAs, tax attorneys), including
your employers, will make you more fully aware of what to expect. This is
not the time to alarm the public while their economic defenses are down.
Think and believe positive.

Dan Johnson
Certified Public Accountant
New Address: