[StBernard] Break out the bayonets and clubs!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 19 22:24:32 EDT 2010

What a buffoon !!!!!

Remember this in November!

Snopes.com <http://snopes.com/> has nothing on this but you
can Google and see the clip and hear her ...

This woman is a moron to the nth degree!

[]

Poster-child for what is wrong in Washington, DC

You will simply not believe this. Our 8th District US
Congressional representative, the Hon. Gabrielle Giffords, in a meeting of
the House Armed Services Committee, asked General David Petraeus the
following question:

"General Petraeus, what are you doing to reduce carbon
emissions in the war on terror?"

Wow. I had to read, and re-read this several times to
believe it. Folks, there are American sons and daughters dying every week on
the foreign battlefields of southwest Asia. The nation is completely
bankrupt and ... quite literally, borrowing 43 cents for every dollar in
federal spending. We have the largest environmental disaster in the
nation's history in the Gulf of Mexico, and we have Mexican drug armies
invading our nation. And yet ....

A member of Congress from Arizona's 8th congressional
district took the time to ask our battlefield commander what he is doing to
curb carbon emissions in the war.

Gabrielle Giffords is the poster-child for what is wrong
with the US Congress. We are being led by imbeciles. To the rest of America
reading this blog, and to Gen. Petraeus if this e-mail makes it to your
inbox ... my sincerest apologies for the stupid question asked of you by my
US congressional representative.

General ... I am sure you have better things to worry about
than carbon emissions on the battlefield. I assure you, as a registered
voter in Arizona's 8th congressional district, I will do everything I can to
ensure Rep. Giffords is voted out of office in November, and I pray you'll
get back to business of fighting the war on terror without worrying about
such petty and nonsensical matters as your carbon footprint in the war.

Mark Beres, Maj. USAF (ret.)
Tucson, Arizona

FYI: The 8th District surrounds Tucson to the north, south
and east (Tucson is in the 7th District) and covers the south-east corner of
AZ.

What Google says about Rep. Giffords:

Representative Gabrielle Giffords (D-Az) took Afghan
Commander, General David Petraeus, to task for what she characterized as
"willful disregard of the environmental impact of our war effort." "There is
no policy, no plan to minimize carbon emissions in our military activities,"
Giffords charged. "Bombs are dropped and bullets are fired without
considering the environmental impact."

Giffords insisted that she was "not demanding an immediate
halt to current military operations in the Middle East. I'm just saying that
battle plans should include an environmental impact assessment as a regular
part of the process before attacks are launched."

She also suggested that the Army "put more emphasis on less
environmentally damaging methods, like stabbing or clubbing enemy forces in
order to minimize the carbon output."

New Rules of Engagement:
I think we ought to put her on the front lines so she can
stab or club the enemy. God help us if this is the type of idiots that are
elected to office.

Walk softly and carry a big knife or big stick to save the
environment.