[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish Celebration Tournament will now be a Dodge Balll Tournament at Cypress Gym Saturday at 1 p.m.

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 28 12:48:08 EDT 2010

St. Bernard Parish Celebration Tournament moved to Cypress Gym

A dodge ball tournanent that will begin at 1 p.m. is part of a series of
community events for the fifth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina

The St. Bernard Parish Celebration Softball Tournament that was to be held
today at Val Riess has been changed to a Celebration Dodge Ball Tournament
at Cypress Gym at Davies Elementary at 2818 Blomquist Street in Meraux, due
to the weather.

Teams are set with government agencies and recovery partners. The public is
invited to come celebrate and cheer on various government agencies. This
event is one of several to mark the fifth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina
and to celebrate how far we have come in our growth and recovery.

ST. BERNARD CALENDAR OF EVENTS MARKING

THE FIFTH ANNIVERSARY OF HURRICANE KATRINA

Saturday, August 28, 2010

11:00 a.m.: Ecumenical funeral service for Katrina at Our Lady of Prompt
Succor

The event will include several honored guests and speakers including
Archbishop of New Orleans Gregory M. Aymond and several local ministers and
public officials. After the funeral service, there will be a procession
from the church to St. Bernard Memorial Gardens. The Chalmette High Jazz
Band will lead a second line to the Hurricane Katrina burial site, which
features a granite memorial complete with epitaph. Refreshments will be
served after the service.

1:00 p.m.: Celebration Dodge Ball Tournament at Cypress Gardens Gym

2818 Blomquist Street in Meraux

Teams are set with government agencies and recovery partners. The public
should come celebrate and cheer on various government agencies.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

8:30 a.m.: Katrina Commemoration Service, Katrina Memorial in Shell Beach.

It will be a time to honor those who lost their lives
because of the storm.

2-5 p.m.: Community Praise and Worship Concert, Sigur Civic Center
Auditorium

Several church groups will perform at the event sponsored by St. Bernard
Parish Government. Refreshments will be sold. The St. Bernard Katrina
Photographic Gallery: Historic Past. Promising Future will be on display for
the concert.

For more information about the growth and recovery of St. Bernard Parish,
visit www.sbpg.net.

###

e day will include music and several activities, including space walks.

, several community events will mark the fifth anniversary of Hurricane
Katrina during the week leading up to August 29 as residents come together
to remember what we have been through and to celebrate how far the parish
has come in its recovery.