[StBernard] St. Bernard BPW Meeting Notice Press Release

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 9 21:59:35 EDT 2010

Business and Professional Women Host September Meeting on Leadership

The St. Bernard Business and Professional Women's Club will hold its monthly
meeting on Monday, September 20, 2010 at the Council on Aging Building at
8201-A West Judge Perez Drive at 6 p.m. "Since the Saints play away that
Monday night, we encourage wearing black and gold to the meeting and
consider it a pre-game event," says club president Lauren Gibson. The topic
will be "Finding Your Leadership Style" and what makes for a great leader.

"It's important to discover the style of leadership that's best suited for
you to be most effective and how that style may need to adapt depending on
the situation where your leadership is needed," says Deborah Keller who will
facilitate the discussion. "This is also an opportunity to discuss how women
can sometimes hamper the effectiveness of their leadership without even
realizing it."

The BPW will resume its Individual Development courses in the spring of
2011, when topics such as leadership are discussed more in-depth. "We'd like
to have the women of St. Bernard start thinking about their roles as leaders
at work and in our community where they can make a difference, and this
meeting will be a good start," says Gibson. For more information contact
Keller at 504-473-3470.

-30-