[StBernard] Melancon, Obama Planning to Raise Taxes

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 13 20:22:21 EDT 2010

As Congress reconvenes this week, the agenda will be focused on the economy and creating jobs. But guess what President Obama and Charlie Melancon's plan is- allow current tax cuts to expire.

<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=mhLXJ6PKJhKTKfL&s=ghLPLXOFIjKVI2OzGlG&m=dlKZKiOYJjIWLoJ>

Allowing these current lower tax rates to expire will result in the largest tax increase in American history. And all this will happen right in the middle of a tough economic recession.

Charlie Melancon has clearly stated <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=inKPIUMuHeLDLUI&s=ghLPLXOFIjKVI2OzGlG&m=dlKZKiOYJjIWLoJ> that his position on this tax issue is again right in line with President Obama. Louisianians are very concerned about their pocketbooks and Charlie Melancon is again siding with Obama on policies that could further hurt our economic recovery.

This shouldn't come as a surprise. Melancon has voted with President Obama 84 percent of the time and when asked to grade Obama, he gave him an "A."

Please join me in fighting against this massive tax increase by donating $25, $50, $100 or $250 to my campaign. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=lqIVI3OGJhJKJ4L&s=ghLPLXOFIjKVI2OzGlG&m=dlKZKiOYJjIWLoJ>

Charlie Melancon has supported all of Obama's bailouts, his bloated, ineffective stimulus and his budget that triples the debt. Now he's supporting Obama's agenda to raise taxes <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=otK1JcPSLkIRLeK&s=ghLPLXOFIjKVI2OzGlG&m=dlKZKiOYJjIWLoJ> in the middle of a recession. Don't forget, Melancon insists he doesn't want to repeal Obamacare.

In this Senate campaign, remember to pay attention to the voting records and the issues. Charlie Melancon wants to paint you a picture that doesn't square with his policy stances, but don't be fooled.

Instead of the bailout mania and wasteful spending that has taken over Washington, I will continue fighting for common sense conservative solutions to help get our economy back on track. For example, my No Cost Stimulus bill would save or create more than two million jobs by harnessing and increasing domestic energy production – at no cost to the federal government. And, I will continue fighting to stop the largest tax increase in American history.

Thank you very much for your continued support. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=rwL7KlM4KnLYJoJ&s=ghLPLXOFIjKVI2OzGlG&m=dlKZKiOYJjIWLoJ>

Sincerely,

David Vitter