[StBernard] Who Dat Nation Attacked Again

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 19 12:38:48 EDT 2010

You remember when the NFL tried to claim they owned "Who Dat." We fought that and we won. Well, now a company called "Who Dat?, Inc." claims they own "Who Dat."

<http://www.davidvitter.com/site/c.ktJUJ7MNIuE/b.5769125/k.342B/WHO_DAT_say_WE_CANT_SAY_WHO_DAT.htm>

They must be kidding, right? Claiming they own the legal rights to the term "Who Dat"?

Yesterday, I mailed the company's owners a letter and two of my t-shirts that say, "Who Dat say we can't print Who Dat!" © TM 2010 David Vitter (just kidding)". In my letter, I ask the owners to drop their ridiculous lawsuit and wear my t-shirts proudly!

As I wrote to the NFL Commissioner on January 29, 2010, <http://www.davidvitter.com/site/c.ktJUJ7MNIuE/b.5769125/k.342B/WHO_DAT_say_WE_CANT_SAY_WHO_DAT.htm> neither the NFL nor any specific person or group owns the legal rights to this term. Who Dat Nation--the general public--does.

I explained in my letter that I plan on continuing to produce and distribute the t-shirts as I see fit. (All profits to the Brees Dream Foundation.) So if they want to have their bullying lawyer threaten and sue anyone, they can start with me.

Here's a video clip <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XADsT3adsgM> explaining the latest attempt including my challenge.

Have a great Saints season!

David Vitter