[StBernard] Chairman Frank Statement on House Passage of SEC FOIA Legislation

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 25 10:45:17 EDT 2010

Chairman Frank Statement on House Passage of

SEC FOIA Legislation

WASHINGTON, D.C. - House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank
(D-MA) issued the following statement yesterday on House passage of S. 3717:

"This provision was included in the Dodd-Frank legislation after having been
public for some time. Only after Fox Business News brought its lawsuit did
people become aware of the provision's negative implications. We immediately
scheduled a hearing and got bipartisan agreement that a legislative remedy
was necessary. Our Senate colleagues acted first with legislation to solve
the immediate problem, and we decided that the best way to proceed was to
concur with the Senate so that the President could sign legislation that
solves the immediate problem. The decision to move forward was made on a
bipartisan basis by me, Chairman Towns, and Ranking Members Bachus and Issa.
We have bipartisan agreement that further action is necessary and we will
begin that work."

###