[StBernard] 8 Candidates Vie for Lt. Governor Race

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 25 11:26:20 EDT 2010

guess this is you John, or Westley?

Yeah, I was just having to do a little back and forth too. <g>

Although I was for Walter B. in the election, I felt certain Bobby was going
to win.

But right now I'm p*ssed at him. He should have called a special session of
the lege to deal
with how we cut the budget during lean times. We cannot continue to chop
away
just at education and health care alone. Other agencies have to bite the
bullet too
but most are protected from cuts by the state constitution. So that means
the lege
would have to put out a constitutional amendment or two.

We used to worry about the "brain drain" of kids in LA leaving after
graduating from
college, but we'll get to the point that they'll leave after high school so
they can go to
a school that offers all the coursework they need.

Just my pet peeve. ;-)

Jim, I'm playing with you. Sure, it was suppose to be the "official
GOP
response" but Jindal really didn't respond much to Obama's address,
did he?
For the most part he talked about himself and his family coming to
America.
I can recall turning to my wife when Jindal was finished saying to
her "that
was a two minute, personal infomercial." Clearly, the GOP must not
have
been concerned much in responding to every point of the Annointed
One's
entirely too long of an address. It would seem they chose to use
the time
to allow Jindal to talk about himself. Just as well since two
minutes isn't
much time to respond to countinuous self-pontification dribble for
an hour.