[StBernard] VIOLET OYSTER FESTIVAL TO RETURN OCTOBER 15-17

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 25 11:42:10 EDT 2010

VIOLET OYSTER FESTIVAL TO RETURN OCTOBER 15-17

Festival to benefit Our Lady of Lourdes Church; Entertainment schedule
released

The Violet Oyster Festival will return for the third weekend in October,
2010. There will be rides and great food from Friday, October 15th to
Sunday, October 17th on the church grounds at the Corner of East Judge Perez
Drive and Colonial Boulevard in Violet. ADMISSION IS FREE!

"It is with a spirit of gratitude and excitement that we anticipate the
upcoming Oyster Festival October 15-17, 2010," said Father John Arnone,
pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Church. "This will be the first one since
Hurricane Katrina, and symbolizes the continued progress of St. Bernard
Parish and the resilience of our people."

"This year we remember and honor our local fishermen, who continue to face
many challenges, but we do so together as a community. It will be a
wonderful opportunity to focus on the fun and excitement which festivals
offer... a time to momentarily forget about the challenges and struggles
that are real," Father Arnone said. "I anticipate the Festival to be a huge
'reunion'; a time for those who moved away to come back and visit; a time
for those who are already here to spend good, wholesome quality time as we
enjoy the festive atmosphere, good food and good friends."

The Festival plans on offering oysters (depending on availability)--- raw on
the half-shell, fried oyster dinners, po-boys, grilled oysters on the
half-shell with sauce as well as gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish stir fried rice,
onion mums, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, sweets, daiquiris, soft
serve ice cream, funnel cakes and much, much more! (Availability will
determine what seafood items we will serve.) For more information, visit
http://olol-church.com/oyster_festival.htm.

Oyster Festival Entertainment

Friday, October 15th: 6:00-11:00 p.m.

6 p.m. - Opening and Blessing

6:30 p.m. - Crowning of 2010 King and Queen

7-10 p.m. - "The Bucktown All-Stars"

Saturday, October 16th: 11:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.

11 a.m. - Fair Opens

Local Entertainment

2-5 p.m. - "August Rush"

Local Entertainment

7-10 p.m. - "Na Na Sha"

9 p.m. - FIREWORKS SHOW!

Sunday, October 17th: 11:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.

11 a.m. - Fair Opens

12 noon - Baby Contest

Local Entertainment

3-6 p.m. - "The Chee Weez"