[StBernard] Bipartisan Coastal Support

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 11 18:05:49 EDT 2010

Last week, I was honored to receive the endorsement <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=eqLJI0NBL9INK9J&s=ghKPJXNAJdLOI2MIKoE&m=fwJYLdMRJdIZKsK> of a bipartisan group of coastal leaders who joined in a statement that, among other things, highlighted:

"We may be of different political parties, but we are all united in working to restore our coast in the wake of the BP oil disaster. Senator David Vitter's quick, effective action during the height of the disaster was extremely helpful and decisive. For that, we enthusiastically endorse him for reelection."

The list of co-signers of the statement is as follows:

Jefferson Parish
Parish Councilmen Chris Roberts (Republican)
Mayor of Lafitte Tim Kerner (Democrat)
Mayor of Grand Isle David Carmadelle (Democrat)

Lafourche Parish
Parish President Charlotte Randolph (Republican)

Plaquemines Parish
Parish President Billy Nungesser (Republican)

St. Bernard Parish
Parish President Craig Taffaro (Republican)
Councilman-at-Large Wayne Landry (Democrat)

Terrebonne Parish
Parish President Michel Claudet (Republican)

These officials represent five of the parishes worst hit by the tragic gulf oil disaster.

I'm very honored and humbled to have their support, especially in light of their tireless efforts to help recover from the recent oil spill disaster. They've all shown great leadership and I'm proud to have them stand with me in my upcoming election.

I'm also very grateful for your continued support and enthusiasm so we can keep fighting for Louisiana families and Louisiana jobs.

Sincerely,

David Vitter