[StBernard] Morgus movie comes back from the dead, thanks to local theater

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 11 22:23:23 EDT 2010

Hey, it's campy but "creepy"!! <G>

I haven't spoken to Sid since Halloween 2004 when he made a phone-guest
appearance to the St. Bernard Parish Economic Development Commission on the
show. Creepy was when he predicted Katrina in some small way when he
suggested that the Corps of Engineers needed to close down the MRGO which
had politicians for years benefiting and payola, and how it threatened to
destroy the New Orleans area and St. Bernard Parish.

Creepy, I say,..creepy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn6x5E-gOrg

And, for mo' info on da good doc, hit a website for him:

http://www.morgus.com/

Dang thing gives me the creeps. <tickled>.. From the time I first saw him as
a teen-ager in the 50's until today. (I suppose he enjoys his
semi-retirement the last time I heard him soaking up the rays away from the
old-city ice house and the "House of Shock" (WWL-TV 4, WDSU and WGNO 26)
revivals last "living" in Covington/Mandeville area. (I heard Cox 10 has/had
him in 2006 and replay, but can't get the channel, but they told me they
were considering the request), but await his DVD to be released in the
months ahead).

Lastly, the original Tommy George (deceased)
http://www.walkerpub.com/radio_chopsley.html >of Violet/St. Bernard Parish
was my brother's wife, Joann's brother in law. A former guitarist (Saxons,
'57-65, but we both played the Fender Telecaster) he was a Parish deputy,
hurt in a motorcycle accident, so da parish does have ties to Morgus the
Magificent (Sid Noel Rideau), himself!

http://bigeasystreetsounds.tripod.com/id45.html
http://tracker.zaerc.com/torrents-details.php?id=12433&filelist=1

Nostalia: 2 of the 3 ghouls who played on the record of 1958-59's House of
Shock record was Dr. John (Mac Rebennack) and Frankie (Sea Cruise) Ford.

I lost all my video recordings of his shows in Katrina, but, one thing I
remember so fondly of his shows. I got my kicks from the House of Shock..

--jer--