[StBernard] Rep. Charlie Melancon gets endorsement from VFW PAC in Senate bid

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 13 19:35:15 EDT 2010

Democratic Rep. Charlie Melancon
<http://topics.nola.com/tag/charlie%20melancon/index.html> has won the
endorsement of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Political Action Committee in
his
bid for the U.S. Senate against incumbent Republican David Vitter
<http://topics.nola.com/tag/david%20vitter/index.html> .

"I'm honored to receive the endorsement of the VFW PAC. Our veterans have
fought for us - our Senator should fight for them in return," Melancon said.

"Our troops deserve every bit of our unwavering support, not only when
they're fighting abroad, but after they return home."

A statement from the VFW PAC said the "endorsement is for your strong
support for veterans, national security and
defense and military personnel issues."