[StBernard] Oil cleanup security details in St. Bernard Parish overseen b...

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Oct 16 22:08:42 EDT 2010

Well, yes. Politics and citizens make strange bedfellows <G>

And, St. Bernard DID clean up already. It tossed out the old regime and it
now has new members in their slots. Corruption will go on in da parish until
it finally dies someday. It's just a matter of degrees. For example, do you
have 1%, 10%, 50% or more corruption.

I've never seen a perfect system since there is always "big-money people
puppeteering those in power. (behind the scenes cleverly pulling strings and
initiating the corruption or greed of the puppets wanting their share of da
loot.).

I do not think however, that the corruption is over by a long shot. It
never, ever is to that extent (anywhere). If holy people can become
corrupted, how is it that those who are already corrupted, can become even
more so by the temptation that they are facing on a daily basis?

jer

like I was saying---there is as much corruption within the confines of the
St. Bernard political machine as a lot of your large cities. But I love my
St. Bernard as a parish. It would be nice if the people could overcome the
corruption within the machine and clean the whole place out and start over.