[StBernard] Senate Debate Win

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 28 08:35:42 EDT 2010

Team,

Tonight, I joined the other candidates for U.S. Senate in a debate about the issues facing our country. We talked about our plans for addressing our out-of-control national debt and spending, repealing government-run healthcare, and preventing tax hikes on Louisiana families and businesses.

And, once again, the contrast between my record and that of my opponents couldn’t be clearer.

Tonight, Charlie Melancon restated his belief that we should not repeal Obamacare. I believe we should repeal President Obama’s government-run healthcare and have introduced legislation to do that.

I also believe we need to rein in runaway government spending, while Charlie Melancon voted to balloon our national debt, supported the Wall Street bailouts, and President Obama’s stimulus.

And I plan to continue fighting President Obama's radical agenda for growing our government and raising taxes, but Charlie Melancon endorsed President Obama and even gave him an "A" grade – though he couldn’t seem to grade our state’s schools or several other categories during tonight’s debate.

As we enter the final week of the campaign, I look forward to continuing our discussion of these issues and highlighting my plans to continue fighting for Louisiana families.

Sincerely,

David Vitter