[StBernard] More Jobs for Louisiana

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 29 17:03:35 EDT 2010

Dear Friends -

We are excited to announce that Northrop Grumman has exceeded its predicted
job creation levels - adding another terrific job win for our state. This
is great news for both the Lake Charles area and Louisiana. It includes the
creation of three hundred new jobs and two hundred additional contractor
positions. The rapid development of the aeronautics industry in Lake
Charles underscores our efforts at making business retention and expansion a
top economic development priority.

More jobs for Louisiana means a more prosperous future for our people, and
future generations of Louisianians. Based on Northrop Grumman's revised job
predictions, the Louisiana Economic Development Department has estimated the
project will create a total of 700 new jobs.

We received some additional good economic news this week about job growth
over the past year. Indeed, as the Baton Rouge Advocate
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c295%7c9390&digest=0AS
DVblEn3x7v9pR2o1nUg&sysid=1> reported, Louisiana gained about 18,000 jobs
over the past year.

Also, as KATC
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c296%7c9390&digest=wGO
0q9pthQQ4mNyeWitQGw&sysid=1> reported, I recently had the honor to present
324 veterans from St. Mary Parish with the Louisiana Veterans' Honor Medal
in Morgan City. It has always been a priority of our administration to
ensure we give credit where credit is due, and our veterans certainly
deserve recognition.

Sincerely,
Governor Bobby Jindal