[StBernard] Hospital tax passes in St. Bernard Parish--homestead exemption

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 4 23:27:14 EDT 2010

Jer,

Louisiana needs to do two things and both of them involve the word drop.

Drop the homestead exemption, it is getting to be rather pointless in
today's economy and does nothing but empower the various parish assessors.

Drop the income tax or the sales tax, preferably the sales tax. Revenues
lost from whichever tax should be made up by revenues gained by dropping the
homestead exemption.

Again, you can write off property taxes and income taxes on your federal
taxes (if you meet certain criteria), but you can never write off sales
taxes.

Westley