[StBernard] Hospital tax passes in St. Bernard Parish

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 5 20:09:29 EDT 2010

Out here, there are special taxing districts for just about everything.

One of the problems is that the parish is so long, geographically, that the
north doesn't like the central doesn't like the south. So, to "ensure" that
tax monies collected for roads in the north, was only spent on roads in the
north, a special tax district was created.

It's all a big mess and waste of money. Too many fiefdoms and a
parish-council system that is still trying to act like a police jury almost
50 years after they switched.

St. Bernard politics has nothing on Lafourche.

Westley