[StBernard] The Royal Snub

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 23 00:12:01 EST 2011

>Fourthly, the Queen Mother, William's grandmother, also has her reasons.

>Obama refused to bow to her but a few days later bowed to the King of Saudi

>Arabia and Michelle manhandled her by becoming too familiar by putting her

>arm around her. The Queen only shakes hands with gloves on. That is the

>tradition and it is still honored by the Royals. The Queen said to her

>staff, "Never allow that woman to be in the same room with me again" and

she

>meant every word of it.

Very interesting, but the *Queen Mother* was Elizabeth II's Mother.
Elizabeth II is William's grandmother.

Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon (4 August 1900 - 30 March 2002) was
the Queen consort <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_consort> of King
George VI of the United Kingdom
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_VI_of_the_United_Kingdom> from 1936
until her husband's death in 1952, after which she was known as Queen
Elizabeth The Queen Mother,[2]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Bowes-Lyon#cite_note-2> to avoid
confusion with her daughter, Queen Elizabeth II
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_II> . She was the last Queen consort
of Ireland <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Ireland> and Empress
consort of India <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_of_India> .

Elizabeth II, William's grandmother is the reigning Queen of England, *not*
the Queen Mother.

Secondly, American presidents are to bow to *no one*...not even the Queen of
England.

http://newsflavor.com/opinions/whats-with-the-bow-mr-president/

Of course Obama screwed that up by bowing to the Saudi King and the Emperor
of Japan.

Lastly, the wedding is not a state occasion as William is neither the King
the Heir..that wold be Charles. It appears that not many
heads of state will be invited.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339315/President-Obama-snubbed-sour
ces-reveal-invited-Prince-Williams-wedding.html