[StBernard] HUD: La. could lose federal funds unless it makes St. Bernard Parish follow civil rights laws

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 19 08:16:03 EDT 2011

Well, Anon,

At this point, most of us are ONLY in the "gripe" stage. When the
developments come to fruition and are dotted like thumbtacks across the St.
Bernard Parish landscape and the "expected" activity and population begins,
one can expect Fourth of July activity to be part of the daily/weekly news,
and severe frustration to begin.

Has it been that long that parishioners have forgotten such tragedies and
ghettos such as Village Square and other black-eyes (no race mentioned,
because no pun intended) which made culprits like Venezuelan dictator,
Chavez a multi-multi billionaire and filled his eyes with laughter tears
after he witnessed America declining with drugs and turmoil?

--jer--

Simply put, this makes me want to puke.

When the parish residents, through their elected government representatives,
cannot make decisions about where to put multi-unit housing or anything else
without the beneficent eye of HUD looking over our shoulders, then we might
as well close the doors and turn off the lights on our way out.