[StBernard] Crawfish Fest includes Redfish Cup; Celebrate St. Bernard March 24-27

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 22 08:06:57 EDT 2011

Crawfish Fest includes Redfish Cup; Celebrate St. Bernard March 24-27

Since 1975, the Louisiana Crawfish Festival in Chalmette, Louisiana, has
kicked off the Festival Season in the Greater New Orleans metro area. Once
again the premier festival proudly invited the H.T. Series Redfish
Tournament to Celebrate St. Bernard for the weekend. The festival from
Thursday, March 24 through Sunday, March 27 will be on the grounds of the
Frederic J. Sigur Civic Center. The St. Bernard celebration invites revelers
from Coast to Coast to enjoy the Cajun favorite, Louisiana Crawfish, served
in numerous presentations.

Thursday is "Family Night" featuring a $15 armband session from 6 to 10:00
p.m. A salute to Celebrate St. Bernard will take center stage at 5 p.m. with
the highly talented Chalmette High School Band and Voices performing groups.

The festival also boasts of a Giant Midway with bells, lights, sirens, speed
and rides for all. There's a special arts and crafts area and the
entertainment is second to none. Please follow us on the web:
louisianacrawfishfestival.com <http://louisianacrawfishfestival.com/> for
all the information regarding the great food and entertainment offerings.

Besides all the fun that the Crawfish Fest offers, two key community events
are wrapped into this year's Crawfish Fest:

2011 HT Professional Redfish Series to Host Tournament at Louisiana Crawfish
Festival

Building on successful professional fishing tournaments held in St. Bernard
Parish since 2004 another professional Fishing Tournament will call
Chalmette its home again this year. Chalmette is the first stop for the
Academy Sports and Outdoors HT Professional Redfish Series bringing to town
30 teams from the Gulf South Region. This year the tournament will be held
in conjunction with the Louisiana Crawfish Festival with live weigh-ins on
Thursday, March 24th and Friday, March 25th at 4 p.m. On Saturday, March 26,
the top 10 professional teams will weigh-in at 3 p.m.

St. Bernard Parish will welcome to our community 30 teams that include some
of the best professional anglers from all over the South including Florida,
Georgia, Texas and Louisiana. The anglers will compete at the Chalmette
event for a first place prize of $25,000, second place of $10,000 and cash
payouts up to 10th place.

The public is invited to come enjoy a great sport fishing event at the
Crawfish Festival featuring exciting live weigh-ins by some of the best
professional fishing teams. This event is sponsored by the Louisiana Office
of Tourism and St. Bernard Parish Government and many generous local
businesses that help support the success of this event. For more
information, contact the Office of Tourism at 504-278-4242 or visit our
website at www.VisitStBernard.com <http://www.visitstbernard.com/> . For
detailed information on the tournament, visit www.theredfishseries.com.

Celebrate St. Bernard Family Night at the Louisiana Crawfish Festival

In the newest addition to the Crawfish Fest, the Celebrate St. Bernard
committee on Thursday, March 24 at 5 p.m. will host its annual pride
building pep rally on the grounds of the Sigur Civic Center. The event will
be just after the 4 p.m. HT Series Redfish Cup Weigh-In and before the
Crawfish Festival Special $15 Pay-One-Price rides begin at 6 p.m.

Join us as we celebrate pride in where we live! Whether you live in the
oldest settlement or the newest subdivision, we want to celebrate all that
makes us St. Bernard! Bring a neighborhood banner or wear special t-shirts
and sit together as neighbors so we can SPOTLIGHT the place you choose to
call home. Bring your neighborhood spirit and your favorite folding chair.

At 5 p.m. on the Crawfish Festival main stage, the Chalmette High Band will
lead a parade of local school cheerleaders as we kick-off our 3rd annual
Celebrate St. Bernard pep rally. Special refrigerator magnets and bumper
stickers will be given out during the rally.

Crawfish Fest Pay-One-Price Armbands for the rides will be available for $15
on Thursday and $20 per session on Friday through Sunday. The sessions are
Thursday and Friday 6 to 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m.
and 6 to 10 p.m.

Join the Crawfish Festival's Japan Relief Effort by bringing pre-packaged
case donations of food, toiletries, etc. to the onsite U-Haul truck!

The Children's Pageant (Girls 0 - 13; Boys 0 - 5) and the Teen (14 - 16) and
Miss (17 - 21) St. Bernard Parish Pageant will take place on Saturday March
26. The Teen (14 - 16) and Miss (17 - 22) Louisiana Crawfish Festival
Pageant will take place on Sunday April 10. For more information, contact
Pageant Director Carrie Gagliano at lacrawfishpageants at yahoo.com or
225-778-5192.

CRAWFISH FEST MUSIC LINE-UP

Thursday, March 24th

6-10 p.m.: August Rush

Friday, March 25th

6-7:30 p.m.: Kayla Woodson

8-11 p.m.: Bucktown All-Stars

Saturday, March 26th

12-3 p.m.: Bobby Cure & Summertime Blues

4-7 p.m.: Groovy 7

8-10 p.m.: Bag of Donuts

Sunday, March 27th

12-2 p.m.: Jambalaya Cajun Band