[StBernard] Getting Our People Back To Work

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 25 21:08:59 EDT 2011

Dear Friends -

This week I was honored to address the Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil & Gas
Association in New Orleans whose members not only help fuel America and
lessen our dependence on foreign oil, but also produce thousands of jobs for
our people. I stressed our opposition to raising taxes on families and
businesses that would only kill jobs and opportunity for our people. We have
worked aggressively to create an economic environment in Louisiana that
attracts companies and creates jobs, and we cannot take a step back. Indeed,
as I told the Associated Press
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c7693%7c9390%7c5&diges
t=gii%2f7qHCH%2bGtdO7nU%2fR9xw&sysid=1> , there's no chance we will raise
taxes on energy companies - that would simply drive them and the jobs they
create away from Louisiana.

<http://images.publicaster.com/ImageLibrary/account848/images/Jindal1a.jpg>
The federal government announced the approval of more deepwater drilling
permits this week. We're certainly happy that permits are starting to be
issued again, but at this point it's only a small trickle. As I told the New
Orleans Times-Picayune
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c7694%7c9390%7c5&diges
t=31XWwHWJtBtoNlmjF%2fdzEg&sysid=1> , the energy industry needs more
predictability from the federal government and the pace of permitting needs
to speed up so all of our people can get back to work.

Finally, I traveled to Pineville this week to honor members of the Louisiana
National Guard's 204th Theater Airfield Operations Group as they prepare to
deploy in support of operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. As I told the
Alexandria Town Talk
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c7605%7c9390%7c5&diges
t=%2bael54QtSVs7OfwgK8gUcw&sysid=1> , these soldiers, deserve much praise
for answering the call to defend our American way of life, and I join
Louisianians everywhere in wishing them a safe journey and a quick return
home. We also welcomed home members of the 135th Aviation Battalion who
provided aero-medical evacuation support for our men and women in
Afghanistan.

Governor Bobby Jindal