[StBernard] HOLD PROVIDENT REALTY, ET AL, ACCOUNTABLE FOR PROPERTY DAMAGES

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 29 21:20:58 EDT 2011

HOLD PROVIDENT REALTY, ET AL, ACCOUNTABLE FOR PROPERTY DAMAGES

by DanaArcement <http://connect.nola.com/user/DanaArcement/> , 03/29/11 1:32
PM
TO ALL CITIZENS OF ST. BERNARD, AND ESPECIALLY THOSE PROPERTY OWNERS WHO ARE
LOCATED IN A "CLOSE" VICINITY OF THESE APARTMENTS BEING BUILT: Please
monitor your property's condition and ANY AND ALL VIBRATION THAT IS REMOTELY
BEING CAUSED BY ANY TYPE OF EQUIPMENT BEING USED TO CONSTRUCT THESE
APARTMENTS, be it dump trucks carrying mud, cement trucks transporting
cement, or the crane drilling the cement pilings, and call the St. Bernard
Parish inspector, Mr. Sid Lydecker, at 504-239-3555, or the Parish Planning
and Zoning Dept. at 504-278-4310, to REPORT ANY AND ALL VIBRATION OR ANY AND
ALL DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PROPERTY BY THIS CONSTRUCTION. HOLD PROVIDENT
REALTY, THEIR SUBCONTRACTORS, AND EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED, ACCOUNTABLE, FOR
THE SAFETY OF AND DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S A "HAIRLINE
CRACK" THAT YOU NOW HAVE ON YOUR PROPERTY THAT WAS CAUSED BY THIS
DEVELOPMENT...REPORT IT AND HOLD PROVIDENT ACCOUNTABLE. To give all of you
just a "taste" of what we are going through in dealing with the construction
of these apartments, on Friday, Entergy was notified about how "extremely
close" the pile drill was to the Entergy power lines that supply power to
our condo buildings. Entergy came out and issued Provident an OSHA warning
about how close they were to the power lines and told Provident's supervisor
that if anyone got hurt, they were hereby notified that they would be held
responsible. Per OSHA, the drill is supposed to be at least 10 feet from the
power lines. The drill was 15 feet from the power line. Now, I know they
were outside the OSHA guideline of 10 feet, but they were EXTREMELY CLOSE TO
THAT POWER LINE AND MADE US EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF
SOMEONE POSSIBLY GETTING KILLED AT THE SITE. As a result of us being
extremely uncomfortable about the closeness of the drill bit to our property
and power lines, I personally confronted the supervisor on the jobsite and
also, personally, put him on notice that if anyone got hurt on our property
as a result of how close they were to our power lines, WE WOULD ALSO HOLD
THEM ACCOUNTABLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT. Well, the Supervisor's response to
me was, quote, "Lady, talk to my lawyer." Well, I intend to do just that and
I encourage EVERYONE ELSE TO TALK TO PROVIDENT'S LAWYER. TALK TO PROVIDENT'S
LAWYER WITH ANY AND ALL PROPERTY DAMAGE YOU RECEIVE AS A RESULT OF PROVIDENT
CONSTRUCTING THESE APARTMENTS. To file your claim, here's Provident Realty's
contact info: Provident Realty Advisors, Inc. One Lincoln Centre, 5400 LBJ
Freeway, Suite 975, Dallas, Texas 75240, Phone: 972-385-4100, Fax:
972-239-8373Email:info at providentrealty.net <mailto:info at providentrealty.net>