[StBernard] Frank Refutes Rumor of "Technical Corrections" to Financial Reform Law

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 6 21:13:59 EDT 2011

Frank Refutes Rumor of "Technical Corrections" to

Financial Reform Law

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Congressman Barney Frank today released the following
statement in response to a story entitled "Technical Changes Planned for
Financial Regulatory Act"
<http://www.cq.com/doc/news-3845258?wr=bzR2QWhQbmtjMG1FUFNJaXhKM3podw> in
the April 6th edition of CQ Today.

"I would like to investigate the individual who is apparently impersonating
me in the Capitol and has fooled Spencer Bachus into thinking he has been
dealing with me."

"I've read in the media that Chairman Bachus and I were discussing technical
fixes to the financial reform law, including to a provision regarding rating
agencies. In fact, several weeks ago I had one conversation with him about
changes I would like to make to the provision on interchange fees. I am not
aware of any other conversations going on, either about the rating agency
provisions in the law or any other section."

"I am pleased to see that Mr. Bachus wants to follow a bipartisan model of
committee work. There was a bipartisan aspect to the work of the Financial
Services Committee when Republican Mike Oxley was chairman and also later
when I was chairman. But I have to say that so far I have not seen a
similar spirit during this Congress and, although the majority was fair with
regard to administrative issues during the transition, they have made all
legislative decisions in a unilateral, partisan manner."

###