[StBernard] Taffaro Paid Traffic Ticket With Campaign Fund

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 12 09:00:16 EDT 2011

Yeah. How'd we climb back into the Police Jury tent?

Anyone want to be parish president now? <G> I suppose when you're caught,
it's the honorable thing to do to pay it back (maybe it's like prison, where
when you're caught, you do the time by paying the state of LA back for
breaking the law?? Or perhaps the criminal was only sorry because he got
caught? Yep. Having an Octomom family doesn't exempt one from using
campaign funds to pay debts. Geez, doesn't a Parish President make more
money than one used to make? And what if there's a profession aside beside
being a parish president?

I always wondered why someone who got paid less than $150,000 a year would
pay or raise millions to get a job. Must be the fringe benefits, perhaps?

:-)

--jer--

Isn't strange how elected officials commit acts THEY KNOW are illegal and
the moment they are caught, their reaction is "oh, well I'll pay back or
make a reimbursement" - as if any consequence for committing the wrongful
act "iONLY if they get caught" and not actually committing the wrongful act.

Our legislators need to propose a state constitutional amendment (to be
approved on by the voters) that "any unethical act so found by the State
Ethics Commission where it is determined the elected official should have
clearly known the wrongful act was in fact a violation of law, shall be
immediately removed from office."

I wonder if you polled all elected officials how many would say "yes, I'll
support a proposed constitutional amendment such as that" compared to the
general public WHICH YOU KNOW will pass such an amendment if on the ballot.
Just goes to show how differently the voters and those we elect to public
office think. I wonder if any of them understand what the word "honor"
means.