[StBernard] Stay informed about Mississippi River flooding

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 16 23:43:45 EDT 2011

Team ,

I've been traveling up and down the Mississippi River these past weeks visiting with Louisianians and parish officials in each parish. Folks in all areas are organized and ready to help.

The good news – since the opening of the Bonnet Carre and Morganza Spillways, a lot has changed positively and things are looking a little better. Let's keep this positive attitude. The bad news -- there will certainly be flooding in the Atchafalaya basin and many other areas.

We should all continue to prepare for the worst case scenario in order to protect our families and our property.

Please join me on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/DavidVitter?ref=ts> and Twitter <http://twitter.com/DavidVitter> to receive updated information. I’ve been posting updates from state and federal agencies with information on water levels and estimated flood maps.

Last year, I was successful in extending the national flood insurance program. If you are in a high-risk area, it may be helpful to contact your provider and make sure your insurance is up to date.

Thank you.

David