[StBernard] council mtg tues may 17 1pm

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 17 09:52:22 EDT 2011

Reminder: Early Council meeting today, Tuesday, at 1:00 p.m.

Please try to attend and sign up to speak against the apartments. We need
to keep the pressure on the parish not to re-issue any new permits without
requiring Provident to tear down/dismantle what they have already
"illegally" constructed without permits.

In the latest court documents filed yesterday, Provident is asking Judge
Berrigan to hold the parish in contempt of court, for sanctions and fees,
for not performing inspections on the sites and for not re-issuing Provident
new permits. Provident is fighting "extremely hard" in federal court to get
permits because they are at a point where they really need to have their
utilities turned on, and without permits, none of the utility companies can
legally turn on their utilities.

Provident has also just filed a motion asking Judge Berrigan for an
extension allowing them more time to file motions in our "State" permit
lawsuit, which we've already won in Judge Buckley's court, our State case
that Provident "hijacked" up to Judge Berrigan's court. We have filed a
motion with Judge Berrigan to have our case remanded back to Judge Buckley's
court, where it rightfully belongs. Provident is using the same tactics
with our case that they continue to use with the case they have against the
parish, the tactic of delay, delay, delay. Well, we're strongly objecting
to any delays in our remand motion.

To sum things up for N.O.W., while Provident continues to "illegally" build,
we continue to "legally" battle!

Also, in my continued review of Provident's tax credit information, I have
discovered some very interesting issues which I am in the process of taking
up with the "proper officials." While I can't give too many details here,
my goal is to have the State intervene and withhold Provident's tax credits
and CDBG funds that Provident needs to build these unwanted, unneeded
apartments. While I have found some very disturbing issues while
investigating Provident Realty, including a $40,000,000.00 foreclosure that
Provident was involved in just one year AFTER initially applying for
$50,000,000.00 in Louisiana tax credits and CDBG funds, and only two years
BEFORE construction even began on these apartments. Yes, somebody with the
State of Louisiana has a lot of explaining to do in terms of how Provident
was able to still be awarded millions in LA taxpayers' money AFTER having
just been a party to a $40,000,00.00 foreclosure in Texas for a loan that
was taken out with Wells Fargo (who was bought out by Wachovia), to build
apartments. This is unbelievable, and I intend to get to the bottom of this
extremely important issue.

N.O.W. you know why Provident is building these apartments so fast. They
are truly racing against the clock. They are not only racing against the
clock to build these apartments by December 30, 2011, to get their tax
credits, but they are racing to stay one step ahead of me in hopes that I
don't get ahead of them. It's a huge challenge for both of us, and I guess
we'll soon see who wins.

Again, please try to attend the Council meeting. We need to remind our
officials that election time is coming and that we expect them all to do
what is in the best interest of their citizens by not "caving in" and
re-issuing provident any permits.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Dana Arcement, President
Chateau Lafitte Homeowners' Association