[StBernard] Stand with Governor Jindal and Save School Vouchers in Louisiana

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 23 12:44:41 EDT 2011

Dear School Choice Supporter:

Will you stand with Governor Jindal today to protect school choice for Louisiana families and to ensure that our economy continues to grow?

All we’re asking is that you take one minute of your time—today—to contact your state legislator using our online form <http://www.townhallmail.com/nkqhqbzthhrnqthtntqfzncppknpptkzjjfbmqrtpdprwq_fbssrndgbq.html> .

It takes just one minute, and taking action is completely cost-free.

We have just 72 hours to save the state’s school voucher program, which special interests are working overtime to eliminate. In fact, the Louisiana House may pass a budget that completely eliminates private school choice in our state.

If these groups win, 2,000 children will be removed from the best schools they have ever known, forced back into chronically failing conventional public schools. It would also mean that children with special needs would lose their scholarships. Take action to prevent that. <http://www.townhallmail.com/icgkyrfbkknwybkbwbyvfwtddcwddbcfzzvrqynbdmdngh_fbssrndgbq.html>

The protection of this program is a top priority of Governor Jindal—and now is the time to stand with him.

Our goal at the Louisiana Federation for Children is to expand the state’s school voucher program to include even more families. For far too long, parents have been forced to send their children to underperforming schools--or schools that simply don't meet their children's needs. These parents deserve better choices. But we can’t win that fight unless we protect the essential school choices we have now.

Please, take action today. Tell the legislature that it’s morally outrageous to eliminate a program that helps our children, helps our economy, and has a 93 percent parental satisfaction rate.

Click here to take immediate action <http://www.townhallmail.com/wzjqdhywqqnbdwqwbwdvybtssjbsswjyzzvhmdnwsgsnfv_fbssrndgbq.html> . It’s completely free, and it takes just one minute.

The futures of 2,000 children are riding on our ability to have our voices heard. Thank you in advance for your help, and God Bless.

Sincerely,

Lauren Perry

Director, Louisiana Federation for Children

PS: Please take just one minute today and tell your legislator to save the Student Scholarships for Educational Excellence Program. Click here to send your message. <http://www.townhallmail.com/pddthgsyttcbhytybyhjsbrllvbllyvsddjgkhcylmlcfy_fbssrndgbq.html>