[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish students make gains in LEAP scores

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 25 18:22:11 EDT 2011

How do you explain New Orleans school system in the LEAP TESTING FOR 4TH AND
8TH GRADERS (95%) - beating the best school system parishes in the state,
including St. Bernard, Livingston and many others?????????????

Unbelievable that failing schools systems can top their progress reports by
5-10 percentage points!! Something is seriously wrong.

--jer--

---------------------

This is good. As the State also raises minimum ACT scores for TOPS
scholarships, it's encouraging to see our local school district students
continued progress.

For some grades, the State has already changed the testing; ninth and tenth
graders already take 'End of Course" exams for certain subjects in lieu of
the Graduate Exit Exam, which is being phased out.

This year," all incoming freshmen must pass three EOC tests in the following
categories: English II or English III, Algebra I or Geometry, and Biology or
American History. The EOC tests will replace the Graduation Exit Examination
(GEE) for graduation purposes. "
http://www.doe.state.la.us/topics/eoc.html