[StBernard] Depressing, but a MUST READ

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 2 08:49:08 EDT 2011

If Professor Williams is correct and Obama wins reelection, many states,
particularly every state in the south, is going to find itself having to
make a very tough decision in a few short years: either remain in the union
and let Washington DC take them down with the ship or do something they once
did before - succeed. And you'd be a fool to call it crazy talk - any
crazier than just four years ago believing we would elect a president whose
policies are specifically aimed at bringing down the United States
government and American society as we know it? What did you think Obama
meant by "basic transformation of America?"

It is human nature to arrive at the notion "cut your losses and run." That
is precisely what many states, including all southern states will ponder -
and the beauty of it all is there's not a damned thing the federal
government can do about it. It's every states prerogative to do so if it
chooses, per the U.S. Constitution - and don't think they won't.

Let me ask you this: how long do you think it's going to take some
"geniuses" within each state government to arrive at the thought "gee, you
know if all the southern states succeeded and formed a federation, we'd have
over half of the continental United States major manufacturing and about 60%
of its energy resources, including nearly all oil refineries." Then another
genius will say "get Alaska to join with us and then we have over 75%." The
governors of these states will immediately declare all military bases and
personnel to join the new federation or immediately return to current U.S.
states and each will activate the National Guard, which by federal law each
governor has supreme control over.

Still think this is crazy talk? Then I guess you didn't hear that a member
of the South Carolina legislation (yes, South Carolina, ironically) just
recently introduced a state law allowing the State of South Carolina to
start producing its own currency (google it). Now, tell me legislators
throughout the south aren't thinking about this - or actually developing a
contingency plan.

They had better be!

John Scurich