[StBernard] Legal Battle Heats Up Over Chalmette Housing Project

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 23 18:41:17 EDT 2011

Perry said the racial slur painted on the development several months ago proves there is a racial undercurrent in the parish.

"The idea that that is what we're up against in 2011 scares me to death,"
Perry said.

The racial slur painted on the development is just that: graffiti…..it is not proof of a racial undercurrent. Here again Mr. Perry seems to fabricate racism where it doesnot exist. What Perry should be scared about is how he was suckered into supporting this Dallas developer who piggybacked onto the GNO Fair Housing suit about rental permits in St. Bernard.