[StBernard] Run for Office in Louisiana

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jul 11 22:37:59 EDT 2011

Dear Friend of Education Reform:

Have you always wanted to get more involved in politics, but didn't know where to start? Have you ever watched a political debate and thought, "Maybe I should run for office?"

The American Federation for Children—the nation's voice for school choice—invites you to attend our free Campaign Training School <http://www.townhallmail.com/rnnfcsqkfftpckfkpkcnqphvvlpvvklqwwnsbctkwklgnj_ugqqmfhpgy.html> on Saturday, July 23, 2011, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana! The training school will be held at the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM Central Time. You don't have to be a declared candidate to attend. And even if you aren't running for office yourself—but you are an activist, a potential campaign manager, or a campaign volunteer—we think you'll benefit from this experience.

The event is open to individuals who support school vouchers and scholarship tax credit programs and want to improve education on a local or statewide scale. The training school is completely free (and no, we won't try to sell you anything before, during, or after the event! Our goal is simply to advance school choice in Louisiana and across the country, and we know that it takes talented, enthusiastic elected officials to make that vision a reality.)

You can learn more about us at www.FederationForChildren.org. <http://www.townhallmail.com/hbsrvdgsrrhzvsrszsvbgzlwwfzwwsfgmmbdpvhsmsfcbv_ugqqmfhpgy.html>

RSVP today at http://www.VictoryForChildren.org <http://www.townhallmail.com/uwnbhjdgbbpshgbgsghwdszffcsffgcdmmwjkhpgmgcnwq_ugqqmfhpgy.html>

Why run for public office?
Short answer: So you can be a leader in helping students and improving education in your community!

Political action is an essential part of advancing school choice opportunities for children. At the American Federation for Children, we work to elect pro-education reform candidates to state office. Anyone interested in running for state legislature, state and local school boards, mayor, city council, or parish government is welcome.

What You'll Learn
At the campaign training school, you’ll not only learn from experts about the basics of how to run a successful campaign for public office, you’ll also learn about how to effectively communicate about school choice policy and educational choice to voters and the news media.

RSVP to Attend
There is no cost to attend this event, but space is limited. Please RSVP by Friday, July 15th by using the registration link at www.VictoryForChildren.org. <http://www.townhallmail.com/wvsqdhywqqnbdwqwbwdvybtssjbsswjyzzvhmdnwzwjgvv_ugqqmfhpgy.html>

For more information about our training schools, please email at ARogalski at federationforchildren.org.

All the Best,
Adam Rogalski
Deputy Director of Government Affairs
American Federation for Children

PS: In other news, we're also hiring for a full time communications associate in Louisiana. If you're interested, learn more here. <http://www.townhallmail.com/gglqcfhkqqldckqkdkcghdjttmdttkmhnngfpclknkmrgk_ugqqmfhpgy.html>