[StBernard] Louisiana Sen. A.G. Crowe seeking re-election

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jul 24 12:09:43 EDT 2011

Louisiana Sen. A.G. Crowe seeking re-election

Published: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 3:30 PM

By Bob Warren, The Times-Picayune

State Sen. A.G. Crowe of Pearl River has announced that he will seek
re-election to his 1st District seat in October.

Crowe won the seat in 2007. Prior to that he was a state representative for
eight years. He has also served on the St. Tammany Parish School Board.

The 1st District includes parts of eastern St. Tammany, St. Bernard,
Plaquemines and Orleans parishes. The election is Oct. 22.

Crowe, a Republican, serves on several committees, including the Natural
Resources, Retirement, Environmental Quality and Coastal Restoration and
Flood Control committees. He chairs the Local & Municipal Affairs and
Consumer Affairs and Technology committees and is vice chairman of the
Commerce, Consumer Protection and International Affairs committee, he said
in a news release.

Crowe also serves as president of the Louisiana International Gulf Transfer
Terminal. He said in the news release that the deep-water port could bring
as much as $2 billion in private investments and provide hundreds of jobs.

"While I thoroughly enjoy the legislative process and consider it an immense
honor to serve others, I am truly blessed to be in a position to help others
which is what I enjoy the most," Crowe said.

Crowe, 63, is the founder and CEO of The File Depot, a file management
company.

He holds a degree in business administration from Southeastern Louisiana
University. He and his wife, Linda McCoin, have two children and six
grandchildren.