[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish Fire Fighters Association Local 1468 selling 9/11 Memorial Bells

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jul 30 10:20:55 EDT 2011

St. Bernard Parish Fire Fighters Association Local 1468 selling 9/11
Memorial Bells

The St. Bernard Parish Fire Fighters Association Local 1468 is pleased to
announce the annual sale of "9/11 Memorial Bells." One hundred percent of
the proceeds are utilized to provide scholarships annually to graduating
high school seniors.

The Bell Program was started in 2002 in remembrance of the 9/11 attacks on
our country. Following Hurricane Katrina, the program was changed to reflect
our memorial to those who lost their lives in our own local tragedy. This
year we are returning to our original 9/11 program and have authorized the
production of special three sided prints in remembrance of the 10-year
anniversary.

The bells are only available in St. Bernard Parish and will be available for
a $4 donation starting August 1 and continuing until they are all gone or
until the anniversary on Sept. 11. The bells will be available from five
locations: Fire Station 2 at 7639 W. Judge Perez Drive in Arabi, Fire
Headquarters at 8201 W. Judge Perez Drive in Chalmette, Fire Station 5 at
2000 E. Judge Perez Drive in Chalmette, Fire Station 6 at 4119 E. Judge
Perez Drive in Meraux and Fire Station 7 at 5640 E. Judge Perez Drive in
Violet.

Please help us remember our brave brothers and sisters who lost their lives
during that vicious attack 10 years ago and support our scholarship program.

###