[StBernard] My Endorsement of Wayne Landry for Sheriff

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 11 09:33:34 EDT 2011

Dear All,

It is with much excitement that I wish to announce to all of you that I am
fully supporting Wayne Landry in his campaign to be our next Sheriff of St.
Bernard Parish. In fact, I have been literally "Walking for Wayne,"
campaigning in our neighborhoods, over the past few days.

I want you all to know the No. 1 reason I have decided to support Wayne is
this: Wayne has fully supported me, and the N.O.W. Organization, in our
efforts to stop the Provident Realty Apartments. Not many people know this,
but Wayne Landry has provided me lots of help and lots of documents needed
to help us get as far along as we were able, thus far, with our fight
against the apartments. Wayne has been very helpful and very professional
with assisting me with our fight against the Provident Realty apartments for
a long time now, and he has assured me he will continue to fight with us in
the event there are any future apartment developments of this type that want
to build in St. Bernard Parish. In fact, Wayne continues to assist me, to
this day, in our continued fight. Although Provident seems to have gotten
their way, so far, with getting their building permits, they still need to
get their Occupancy Certificates before they can officially allow any
tenants to move in, and we plan on fighting that issue as well. Also, we do
have a pending lawsuit in State Court in Baton Rouge regarding the issue of
our tax dollars being used to pay the "powerful, privileged and politically
connected" Torres/Randazzo families, and the Meraux Foundation, more than
double the fair market value of the property upon which these apartments are
being built. We are also in the process of filing yet another lawsuit
regarding the last round of permits being illegally issued "after-the-fact."
We just will not give up on what we believe is a total injustice to the
citizens of St. Bernard Parish.

I ask that you all please consider the above details when deciding who you
will choose to vote for on October 22nd to be our next sheriff, and I hope
you choose to join me in taking our parish back, from the very people who
are responsible for the approving of these apartments, simply by pushing a
button in a voting booth. I hope you choose to join me in voting Wayne J.
Landry to be the next sheriff of St. Bernard Parish.

I also want to invite all of you to attend the Political Forum/Debate for
the candidates running for sheriff, which will be held today, Thursday,
August 11, 2011, at the St. Bernard Parish Council Chambers, starting at
6:00 p.m. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Please come early so you can get a
good seat as you will not want to miss this very important event.

I sincerely thank you all for your past and continued support with our
efforts to stop the apartments.

Yours truly,

Dana Arcement, Co-Founder
N.O.W. (Network of Women)