[StBernard] We had a Plan

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 20 09:39:13 EDT 2011

Louisiana is now in the tenth month of consecutive, private-sector job
growth according to new numbers from the Federal Bureau of Labor
Statistics-with new, even lower unemployment numbers to boot.

These numbers serve as the tangible validations of our plan to put
Louisiana's best foot forward in spite of a difficult national economy, in
spite of a bloated and ineffective Washington.

Make no mistake; we arrived in our current situation because we had a plan.

When businesses were asked why they didn't come to Louisiana - one of the
most cited reasons was corruption. Thus, we laid out historic ethics
reforms to inspire confidence in our state, tax cuts to embrace growth, and
workforce training that guarantees citizens are ready and able on day one to
go to work.

The evidence is clear: cleaning up government and empowering employers has
brought us jobs, new families and growth during a national economic crisis!

President Obama's plan, or at this juncture shall I say plan-in-planning, is
to preach from the national pulpit about the evils of wasteful and overly
large government all the while expanding it as fast as he possibly can. He
is talking the talk, but staying rigidly immobile when it comes to walking
the walk.

He has no plan, has not had a plan in many months, and is currently on
vacation in Martha's Vineyard taking in the ocean views while the country
scratches its head in total bemusement at how utterly disengaged this
president is.

The plan will come next month, he tells us.

It's big government to the rescue in typical big government style-at the
pace of a particularly lazy snail.

A plan should have been in place since day one. We had one, it worked, and
Obama has only to look south toward Louisiana to see a clear path toward a
brighter economic future.

Enjoy your vacation, Mr. President. We will continue working.

Governor Bobby Jindal