[StBernard] Wayne Landry

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 20 19:57:04 EDT 2011

SJK: I'm going to just drop it from here.

I wasn't there, nor did I see or hear what transpired.

JY

""I thought he was there as a representative of the HSD.

JY""

JY, maybe I'm missing something, but I thought the poster's point
was if Mr.
Landry was at the Job Fair as a representative of the HSD, reviewing
resumes
and making statements towards applicants qualifications, then he
should not
have been campaigning. IMO, if a politician makes these statements
concurrently, "you are not qualified for the job. Who are you voting
for for
Sheriff?"or who are you voting for in the upcoming election in which
the
politician is seeking office?, it gives the impression, however
unintended,
that if you show public support for the candidate, he or she may
ensure you
get the job. I'm not saying that is what happened, I am giving an
example
about why, IMO, candidates should not mix campaigning with other
obligations.

--- SJK