[StBernard] Louisiana Spirit

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 26 08:52:44 EDT 2011

Earlier this week, our campaign released a new television ad titled "Spirit
of Louisiana." Click here to watch it right now
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c8597%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=2yFYoyk8CMwQJNE%2fZl3MOw&sysid=1> .

<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c8598%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=ASPOQvRLUvf%2fULmSs3iYQw&sysid=1>

As you know, our #1 priority since taking office has been to help create the
conditions that inspire private sector economic growth to generate new jobs
and new opportunities for hardworking Louisiana families.

Without question - historic ethics reforms, tax cuts, and a workforce
training program that has our citizens prepared on day one have laid the
foundation for our success; but ultimately it is the strength and
perseverance of our people that have allowed Louisiana to surge ahead in the
rankings.

We Louisianians are a resilient bunch you see. In just the last 6 years
we've seen it all. Four hurricanes. An oil spill. A drilling moratorium.
A flooded Mississippi River. And a national recession from which no state
was immune.

A less determined people might have given up, but not Louisiana.

Here in Louisiana we're bouncing back better than before. We've attracted
more significant economic development wins than other Southern states for
three years in a row. We've had ten consecutive months of private sector
job growth, gained nearly 40,000 private sector jobs in just the last year,
and Louisiana keeps showing up at the top of the rankings for economic
progress and potential.

These achievements are as much a testament to the talent and work ethic of
our people as they are to conservative reforms we've fought for these past
four years.

Make no mistake, there's still work to be done. Too many Louisianians are
still looking for work, but I'm confident that the progress we've made and
the improvements we will make - coupled with the fighting spirit of our
people - will create a brighter future for our children and grandchildren.

Governor Bobby Jindal