[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish continues to monitor and advises citizens

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 3 12:05:54 EDT 2011

St. Bernard Parish advises citizens

St. Bernard Parish President Craig P. Taffaro, Jr. said he wants residents
to know that there is water high enough to cover the road at Hopedale and
Yscloskey. Additionally, Reggio is starting to become unpassable due to high
water.

Taffaro said residents may contact the parish Emergency Operations Center at
278-4268.

"We will continue to monitor the conditions and keep the public informed as
conditions change and we continue to monitor and review all pumping stations
and coordinate with Lake Borgne. Personnel are in place for the Lake Borgne
Basin Levee District, and they will work through the weekend."

Taffaro said that the parish also has a system where residents can get
weather updates and emergency alerts to their email, home phone or cell
phone by registering for FirstCall on the parish website at www.sbpg.net
<http://www.sbpg.net> and going to the Homeland Security page.

The St. Bernard Parish Sheriff's office can also respond to calls for
assistance and they can be reached at (504) 271-2501.

For more information, stayed tuned to local media and the parish website at
www.sbpg.net.

###