[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish continues in-house commercial demolitions for unsafe structures

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 13 16:41:47 EDT 2011

St. Bernard Parish continues in-house commercial demolitions for unsafe
structures

As part of an ongoing effort to address unsafe commercial buildings, a St.
Bernard Parish Public Works crew took down a precarious structure at the
corner of St. Claude Avenue and LeBeau Street in Arabi that was next to a
renovated home.

St. Bernard Parish President Craig P. Taffaro, Jr. such efforts are critical
to the parish's growth and recovery.

"This is part of our in-house program where we can't get FEMA support so we
work with the owners to get these unsightly and dangerous structures down
and cleared away," Taffaro said. Taffaro said he wanted to thank Assistant
Public Works Director Louis Pomes and Chris Murrell of Public Works who
together handled this demolition in Arabi.

###