[StBernard] Chad Lauga

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 21 08:54:38 EDT 2011

I donot know any members of the Lauga family except the little bit I know
about the councilmember.

There can be alot of pressure on worker's to cut corners and just get it
done. I believe Unions maybe one of the few supporters of a worker who is
brave enough to place stop work orders on unsafe conditions. More and more,
Louisiana is adding heavy industry and our worker's need safe work
conditions without the threat of losing one's job.

Other than that, I am not informed enough about unions to see how this would
effect my vote.

""We DO NOT need down here in Louisiana all the mess we saw in Madison,
Wisconsin."" Ditto, but in a different way. Wisconsin seems captured by
industry which believes it owns the little towns they do business in. We
should no longer sell out Louisiana's environment and our health and safety
for industry. Economic Development and environmental stewardship, safe
emissions and safe work conditions are not mutually exclusive goals. Do we
NEED Unions to achieve this? Maybe not. But we need
something.....something has to change.

---- SJK