[StBernard] Bayham is a crock! and MORE!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 21 20:21:56 EDT 2011

Jer, let me add this:

In my opinion Ray was in fact a "man of action" - which I define as a person
who on his/her own accord, after coming up with an idea that could help
others, takes the initiative and acts upon it immediately without any regard
to cost or inconvenience to himself, and is actually successful in
accomplishing what he set out to do. What else would you call that???

Ray is a very modest person - anyone who knows him will tell you this. He
was completely against the concept of this commercial, but being the
director of the campaign, this was my call and "I" went with it. WHY did I
think it important to tell this story about Ray? Because every four years
you hear people complain "why doesn't anyone good run for public office, all
we keep getting is the same old political names who do nothing once they are
elected. Why doesn't someone with good business experience and is community
minded ever want to run for office? Etc. etc.

Well, now you do have someone like that running for public office - and
you're going to knock him for something is really did do???? You have got
to be kidding me! If you don't want to vote for him, then fine. But maybe,
just maybe, THAT is why good, decent people like Ray Garofalo usually don't
want to run for public office - especially if it involves spending over $75K
of your own money to try and improve things in this state - just to get
criticized! Ever think about that? And we wonder why good people don't
want to run for public office.

Jer, I still consider you a friend so I don't want you take wrongly what
I've said here. I'm fiercely loyal to my friends because in order for me to
acknowledge you as "my friend," believe me, you had to earn it. Just as I
have come to respect your commentaries over the years and thus respect you
(even though we might disagree at times), in the very same way I've come to
respect Ray. He's running for State Rep for all the right reasons and not
to advance the political agenda of any one organization or special interest
groups. I also like Ray's attitude about this entire race which I often
hear him say - "I'm offering myself to the public's service. if I win,
great - if I lose, so be it and life goes on."

Be good and take care of yourself,

John Scurich