[StBernard] Wow, Rick Tonry "the Crook" lives!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 22 21:17:51 EDT 2011

Wow, Rick Tonry is alive! I just received one of those automated,
pre-recorded phone calls and it was a message from Rick Tonry. In case some
of you are too young to remember, Rick Tonry many years ago got elected as
our Congressman, but not long after winning he got convicted of illegal
campaign contributions and voter fraud and got sent to a federal prison.
Now he's put his son, Cullen Tonry, in the race for State Representative.
Rick Tonry doesn't even live here anymore - he's been living in Mississippi
for a while.

In his phone message, Rick Tonry attacked Jimmy Pohlman for having something
to do with the Meraux Foundation. I'm sure more is going to come out on
this.

Strange, we haven't heard from Rick Tonry for over 25 years until a few
months ago when he decided to put up his son as a candidate for State Rep.
Now it appears he wants to be in the Sheriff's race too. I guess through
this and his son's candidacy is how Rick Tonry is going to climb back into
St. Bernard politics?

EH