[StBernard] Chalmette to host 2011 IFA Redfish Cup Championship Nov. 4-5 and IFA Kayak Tour on Nov. 11-12

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 26 18:25:11 EDT 2011

Chalmette to host 2011 IFA Redfish Cup Championship Nov. 4-5

IFA Kayak Tour to be hosted Nov. 11-12

Both events at Gulf Outlet Marina in Chalmette

Over 200 anglers and fishing enthusiast will converge on Chalmette to
participate in the 2011 Championship Fishing Rodeo on November 4 and 5 at
the Gulf Outlet Marina in Chalmette. This is the first time this
organization has fished in the waters of St. Bernard, and the group chose
this site because of its reputation as a "World Class Fishing" destination.

The Inshore Fishing Association was started in 2000 and has conducted more
than 200 catch and release Redfish events since that time. They are the
largest grass roots inshore fishing tournament organization with thousands
of IFA members from 15 states. The public is invited to watch the
Championship IFA Weigh-in sponsored by Cabela's at 3 p.m. at the Gulf Outlet
Marina located behind the Marina Motel, 5353 Paris Road in Chalmette.

The IFA Kayak tour sponsored by Hobie will be held on November 11 and 12
from the Gulf Outlet Marina. Over 50 Kayakers, a growing sport, will
participate in a catch-photo-release of redfish and trout where the anglers
catch, take a picture and bring their picture in to the weigh-in at 2 p.m.
The effort of the IFA, its members and sponsors are to help conserve and
protect our salt water resources for this generation and those to come.

"We invite our citizens to welcome the anglers to our community during their
stay with a warm St. Bernard Welcome and invite everyone to come out to
enjoy the weigh-ins on November 4 and 5 and November 11 and 12," Parish
President Craig P. Taffaro, Jr. said.

The championship in Chalmette will be seen on the Versus channel in the
second quarter of 2012 and will be seen by 140,000 viewers weekly for 13
weeks. This event is made possible through funding from the Louisiana
Tourism Recovery Plan, the Louisiana Tourism Coastal Coalition and St.
Bernard Parish Government.

###