[StBernard] Business Report: Jindal and reform make history in La.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 4 19:26:32 EDT 2011

Here is a great article on the progress we're making in Louisiana.

Thanks,
Team Jindal

Jindal and reform make history in La.

Baton Rouge Business Report
By Rolfe McCollister

"...Louisiana has often flinched after feeling the pain of change-and a
tough economy forcing budget cuts-and given up early on reform efforts. But
not this time. Louisiana voters made history by re-electing a reformer, Gov.
Bobby Jindal, in a landslide victory that saw him win support from two out
of every three voters. Jindal won every parish.

Jindal brought four years of reform to our state, raising our rankings in
ethics and economic development climate, which brought new jobs and new
companies to our state, while at the same time cutting government spending
and hitting a 20-year low in government jobs. And he cut taxes to boot.

Jindal has been particularly bold in education reform, providing parents
with more choices and standing up to the teachers unions. But he's not done
yet, and education is at the top of his list for the next four years...

Our governor is now a national figure, and that has benefited our state's
image. Jindal could pick up the phone and call any CEO in America, and
that's an advantage for everyone who lives or does business here.

The state is on a roll. Just last week, Louisiana ranked near the top for
jobs added in September, according to the federal Bureau of Labor
Statistics. Louisiana was No. 3 in the nation and added 14,100 nonfarm jobs,
behind only Florida (23,300) and Texas (15,400). And our government jobs
declined. In addition to creating more jobs, Louisiana has had four years of
in-migration.

Not only is our governor one of the smartest in the nation, but he also may
just be the hardest working. And he traveled the state every year of his
first term visiting all 64 parishes-something others have only done in an
election year. His popularity never fell below 50%.

Jindal delivered on his promises, stayed focused on the future and navigated
some very tough budgets-not to mention hurricanes, a flood and an oil spill.
Nobody is better in a crisis.

Jindal, his talented team and cabinet took care of the people's business for
the last four years and led with honor. And the voters gave him and the
reform agenda a historic victory on Oct. 22...

Congratulations and thanks to the governor and his family for their public
service and sacrifice. And thanks to the people of Louisiana for staying the
course. As the next four years begin, I believe the best is yet to come-and
I am proud to be from Louisiana..."

Read more in the Baton Rouge Business Report
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c8898%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=Sjf9B64IC60u9xLEpF%2bmGA&sysid=1>