[StBernard] RELEASE: Ray Garofalo Admits Ignorance on St. Bernard Parish's Most Crucial Issue: Coastal Restoration Master Plan

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 10 10:33:33 EST 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: James Hallinan

November 7, 2011
(505) 459-1702, james at lademo.org

Ray Garofalo Admits Ignorance on St. Bernard Parish's Most Crucial Issue:
Coastal Restoration Master Plan

Garofalo's dangerous, out of touch behavior sends a clear message to
voters-- he doesn't care about them

Baton Rouge, LA - Ray Garofalo, the Republican in the race for Louisiana
House District 103, admitted he doesn't know anything about the most
important issue facing St. Bernard Parish and the rest of House District
103: the Coastal Restoration Master Plan. In response to the shocking
revelation, the House Democratic Campaign Committee released a television
commercial <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF4dr7KRxo0> on Monday
highlighting Garofalo's inability to answer a basic question about the
Coastal Restoration Master Plan.

At a September candidate forum, Mr. Garofalo was asked simple questions
about the Master Plan: "Do you believe the Coastal Restoration Master Plan
will provide the necessary resources to restore the Louisiana coast? How
will you ensure this area gets the necessary resources to rebuild our
coast?" Mr. Garofalo's first response is silence, a long, pained silence
born of ignorance. Then, Mr. Garofalo admits that he has not even read the
Master Plan and does not understand the biggest issue facing the area, one
that touches every family and business in St. Bernard Parish and House
District 103.

The question and answer from the Sept. 28 forum sponsored by the Alliance
for Good Government can be viewed here
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2II5ipvjZc&feature=related> .

"Mr. Garofalo has clearly demonstrated through his outrageous admission that
he is not interested in the needs of the Louisianans in House district 103,"
said Representative John Bel Edwards, chairman of the House Democratic
Caucus. "Rather than putting Louisiana first and understanding the
important issues facing our coast, Mr. Garofalo and his supporters have
focused on out of touch, partisan politics. We need a Representative who is
prepared to put Louisiana first and who will fight to protect our coast, our
communities and our families, and that's Chad Lauga."

Hurricane Katrina destroyed 97 percent of St. Bernard Parish and the Master
Plan is a guide for coastal restoration and flood protection.

# # #

Paid for by the Louisiana Democratic Party <http://www.lademo.org/> and not
authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.