[StBernard] All St. Bernard votes will count

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 21 11:22:17 EST 2011

Well they need to put some teeth into whatever they come up with. Doing
away with the Katrina/Rita clause is one thing but they need to enforce and
be able to verify where the voters have their homestead exemption. I think
the Baumy example was the most egregious of them. The guy had lived in
Slidell since 1995 and was still voting in SBP!

>From what I am hearing, a number of legislators are planning on
introducing
a bill to put a sunset clause on the Katrina voter bill. Most likely
it will
not be in effect for the presidential elections next year, but will
be by
the time local elections roll around again.

Westley