[StBernard] Lee Zurik Investigation: Losing St. Bernard candidate p...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 22 18:40:39 EST 2011

It is so sad that the more that people say they desire a change, the more
they lay down and accept the old ways as status quo. This is one of the
major reasons that after many years of waiting and hoping for change I
decided to simply leave and go in search of a better way. Unfortunately,
after searching for the past 15 years or so, I have come to the conclusion
that regardless of location, the people are all the same. They have been so
ingrained with the subtlety of the good ole boy system that they are simply
blinded to the thought of justice and the American way. Of course if someone
can get a toehold on a small piece of corruptiveness and they can offer up
the meager sacrifice of the pawn they simply turn a blind eye to the goings
on of the king. I have decided that we as a people have simply made the
decision that unless the corruptness in any way effects us personally or
hits close to home, we will simply let it crawl ever so quietly and silently
into the darkness and will patiently wait for the next fall guy to appear.
And it has nothing to do with the smallness or greatness of the community
involved. God has truly blessed our country, but at this point I believe
that HE is beginning to lift His hand off of us as a country and will slowly
watch us decline as a civilization and focus on HIS eternal work until the
end. Of course this is just my opinion, and I could be wrong. BL