[StBernard] 3 Simple Goals

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 4 12:05:24 EST 2011

Dear Friends -

Every Louisiana child deserves a great education so they can compete for
jobs and be successful in the workforce.

It doesn't matter where you're from, what color you are, or what your last
name is - every child in Louisiana deserves the opportunity to get a quality
education and the chance to reach their full potential.

As a parent, that's a goal for my children and every child in our state. Our
kids' future depends on the quality of our schools and that's why improving
Louisiana's education system is our top priority going into the new year.

Over the next several weeks, we'll be visiting schools and meeting with
parents, teachers, and educators all across Louisiana to discuss how we can
improve our schools and make sure our kids are prepared for college or the
workforce.

Our reforms are focused on three simple goals that every parent wants when
it comes to their child's school.

First, every child will have the opportunity to attend a good school.
Second, we will recruit, retain, and reward excellent teachers, and retrain
poor performing teachers that want to improve. Third and finally, we will
make sure taxpayer dollars are spent in a way that gets results for our
students.

That is what all of our kids deserve, and it is up to all of us as
Louisianians to stand up and say that failure is no longer an option - it's
time for reform.

Sincerely,
Governor Bobby Jindal